Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snow Pictures

I really wanted to take some portraits out in the snow-- but it has been so cold!  Too cold to make anyone sit out there while I take a photo.  So here are a few I've worked on.  I tried so many different settings and functions and I metered.  I got a lot of this first fence shot with a bunch of different hues.  It was quite blue out since the sun had just nearly risen (I burned breakfast taking so long taking so many different photos).  I thought the dried flowers were pretty-- the first is with the sun shining directly on it, but the second I prefer the composition.  And then the last one I thought looked the least blue/grey.  Hmm... lots to think about in the snow.  Good thing we have another four months to practice, eh?  Great challenge, Heather.  This was really hard!  But since you were the one to challenge us on it-- where's your snow shot? :)




3 comments:

Heather said...

Nice shots of the fence. I have been taking pictures, but don't have my computer handy to post process them and upload them. I went outside today to take some pictures and almost froze my fingers off! I'll be sure to post them when I get back home on the 18th :)

Liz said...

The coloring is really nice in the third picture and I really like the composition in the last picture. Was this your backyard?

Monika Crowfoot said...

i absolutely love the golden blossom close up! i like the sepia tone with that photo.