Saturday, January 2, 2010

Caring for SLR in freezing temperature

Just an FYI in case you forgot or were not aware:

Make sure you let your camera adjust from freezing cold temperatures to warm inside temperatures! I personally put my camera in a zip log bag to prevent condensation from forming inside the lens and sensor area. You can stick it in your camera bag as well to help transition from negative degree's to a warm toasty apartment/(home for you lucky folks). Wait until the camera is room temperature before taking it out of the zip lock bag. I've heard that you should also wait until it's fully warmed up (i.e. condensation gone) before using it again outside. The left over condensation could freeze, ruining your camera.

Also, battery life goes quickly when it's cold.

You can google this if you want more info. I read about it in a photography forum and wanted to pass it on since we all have to worry about the cold!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, thanks for the info! Very helpful.