Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow Covered Branches

When I woke up this morning, I was stunned by how the trees were covered by, what appeared at the time, to be ice.  Upon closer examination, however, I found that the branches were covered in snow.  The first shot is a close-up of the snow on the branches.  The second shot is a photo of a mass of trees in the distance.  What struck me was the white against the gray sky, instead of the dark contrast that usually appears with a tree in front of a gray sky.  I'm a little nervous posting among such amazing photos--I hope these are up to par!





4 comments:

Heather said...

Emily these are great. I love snow covered tress.

brouge said...

The close-up is truly gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I'm so glad you took the time to shoot these. I noticed this on Saturday and Sunday but didn't make the time to try to photograph it. I didn't know it was snow, I thought it was ice as well. So beautiful! And of course you should post pictures! It's great to have you contribute!

Monika Crowfoot said...

the top photo of the crystalized branches is amazing! i love the close up and angle.