Ok, so I'm probably a good 10 or 12 years too late, but I couldn't pass up a chance to practice on Angela. And I have been eyeing her gorgeous locks (and face, for that matter) for a number of months. So, bless her good heart, she went out with me last night and sat and let me shoot her like some crazed paparazzi. I think she's beautiful. I still have so much to learn, but I still wanted to share my attempts. The sun was quickly setting, so it was pretty dark. My aperture was at a 5.6 the whole time, and my shutter speed was way slow- around 40-60, hence some photos are not as crisp- I need to work on that. Please tell me what you think!
So here we have the Senior against a tree. But this was the shot most in focus.
And here's Senior in warm hues as I played a bit during post production. :)
And next up is Senior looking slightly up with a Big Grin.
Then of course Senior sitting on a Rock Wall looking up.
And then, my favorite, Seductive Senior looking Serious :)
Thank you so, so much, Angela. I owe you big time. I still think you are the most beautiful woman I know right now :)
4 comments:
Beautiful!!! Love the first one. It looks clearly focused. You must have a steady hand.
Was there a reason why you had your shutter 40-60 and your app 5.6? Maybe you were in aperture priority mode and the camera picked the slightly slow shutter. With your steady hand and a single subject you should easily be able to put your aperture at 4.0 and get a little more speed.
Looks like a successful portrait session to me!!!!
Thanks, Jennifer. I'm so happy (and humbled) that you would check out my photo attempts!
So, I only have my dinky kit lens, and the widest aperture it has is 5.6. I was in manual mode (to force me to learn) and had to slow the shutter speed way down since it was so late in the day (with lots of clouds right at sunset). My dream is to get a nicer lens one day... but not for a long time since they can be pretty pricey.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Jenn, I love the first two! I love the rich color. Nice job! I do love her red hair.
i love the warmth of your photos!
Post a Comment