Saturday, July 24, 2010

State Street

There's something so romantic about empty cafe chairs.

I put my camera in black and white mode first, and then shot.  I find by doing that it makes me more aware of lines and curves and contrast.  The following photos are all ISO 200, f5.6, 1/160 at 55mm.  I also pushed the exposure up 1.3+.  I like them.  Maybe because I love that I can find curvy Paris like cast iron fencing and chairs in Madison.  So perhaps I'm the only one who will like these.  Either way, it was very fun to shoot today.  I did not do any retouching.  I'm trying to steer clear of that while I learn how to take better pictures.

1 comment:

Sam and/or Monika said...

i love the black and white. it really does remind me of being back in europe. maybe it is the iron railing or the romantic effect of the black and white. either way...great job!