Hmm... some days I feel like selling my camera and taking up another hobby. But I'll share these anyway. I don't know if I'm being super critical or if these are good at all. A minute of your time to comment would be greatly appreciated. I'm in need of some warm fuzzies.
I have a new favorite toddler girl in my life.
This girl pulls the greatest straight face. She just got splashed by a dog here.






4 comments:
my favorites are the b/w family picture, and the picture with howin in the lake pulling up his pants...love, love, love it!
i know what you mean about being frustrated with photography sometimes. lately i've felt stuck and unmotivated. but what helps me is buying random photo magazines and reading through their tips...especially on creative angles like getting right up close to capture the brightness of eyes, lashes, a smile, etc.
anyway, i think you are doing great. the most important thing is to just go out and keep taking pictures to become more confident. i'm right there with you! i have a long ways to go!! ;)
Jenn these are great! What a cute family. Don't sell your camera silly! Then you would lose a part of who you and and what you love.
I really like the first two of their little girl. Great depth of field on the second. Love the faces! So serious for sure. I would have loved to see some of the boys as well.
Personally, I would like to see the 3rd one a little brighter with more color - but it's probably an editing choice that is fine as well. It just leaves me wanting a bit of color when I look at it. Remember that's just a personal choice though.
The black and white family photo is great!! Great shot to capture their personalities and see a good look at their faces. They feel close and natural (not totally posed). They are all looking at the camera! Nice! Totally a framer.
I wish the standing one was a little closer. But yet it's also nice to see their feet? (I'm not great at full body shots.) It's nice to see the trees but they still feel far away.
I love the boat in the water photo. It adds so much to the whole scene. Can you darken the land at all to create a greater contrast between the sky and water? Just an idea.
Thanks for sharing. I have some that are in the process of editing right now - ha! try 2 weeks now in Photoshop waiting to be turned to jpgs from RAW.
I don't really know anything about taking pictures, so you're welcome to discredit anything I say...
But I think these look great. Like everyone else, my favorites are:
The black and white one--everyone is looking, wow! And Monica looks gorgeous, and she's most likely who will care about the picture the most.
The last picture is by far my favorite. I LOVE it!!! I would never think of taking a picture like that. It shows his real personality.
WAY, WAY, WAY cute family photos of the "C family." I especially like your B&W!
Post a Comment