Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter around Wisconsin

Here are a few of my attempts of taking winter photos . . .

Milwaukee

Frozen Lake Michigan

Green County

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I really like the frozen Lake Michigan shot. Though, I do wish there were more contrast. It seems like the white could be brighter. Good contrast is what I find challenging in the winter. Lovely photos though! The pale blues of the other photos are exactly the hue I associate with clear winter days.

Jennifer said...

Yes, I totally agree about the contrast! I tried to mess with the exposure a bit post process, but this was the best I could come up with. I probably should have taken those pics first, as the sun was setting pretty fast, taking the good light with it. Thanks for the comments! I'm gonna try more black and whites just for the challenge. I think you should post some pics on here yourself, Miss daughter of a pro photographer. :)

Sam and/or Monika said...

yes, the frozen lake michigan picture is awesome. i actually like the darkness of it, fitting since it is winter...and cold.